Sunday 20 December 2009

When East shouldn't be West



I am all for championing Pakistani designers and their creations. One of the reasons why I created this blog.
As far as Pakistani clothes go they are fantastic, but, when they venture into western design, to say many fail to deliver is an understatement. In fact 99.9% of the designs are so awful, they would look right at home in  those dodgy retail outlets in run down high streets.

Look below,  Ammar Belal latest shoot from Daily Times Sunday Magazine.



What the hell is up with those trousers (first two pictures)? Its so hideous, cobwebs, hearts ,swirly patterns all in one space.  My god, just looking at the pants makes me dizzy.
The white embroidered top worn with jeans, maybe wouldn't be so bad, but with those pants, err no!!!


HSY, the king of couture, well when it goes to western clothes definitetly "flopture". See below:





What is so special and cutting edge about the above? The skirt has little alien heads on it!!! I don't understand how these designs are catwalk worthy.

All I want to say is, we don't need another Galliano or  another Valentino. I know fashion is about new and different, but, if that's what you are going to show, save it, stick to the traditional designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment