Friday 27 November 2009

Strictly On or Off the runway?

 




            Dress by Feeha Jamshed          Ayesha Toor

The maxi shirt dress, this is  tricky. I am not 100% convinced. Feeha Noor Jamshed showed this at Pakistan Fashion Week a few weeks back. Pakistani model Ayesha Toor was seen sporting this trend at the launch of L'oreal Paris in Karachi. As Beautiful as Ayesha is, I think this is one look that should be left on the runway. Only at the risk of looking too mumsy, or even too country western, I don't know I cant put my finger on it right now should you attempt it.
On the plus side, I really like the upper half of the dress, especially the sleeves. They remind me of those long  sea shells. I think it would have worked better in a shorter style. I also love the styling of this look- the fresh jasmine  anklet and earrings. If there is something I am taking away it's that.
Other than the sea shells, the dress reminds me of something else, hmmmm (thinking cap on) I know ("ping ping")  Hermes SS09. Look at the pictures below and you will know what I mean (Feeha's version on the far right).



Verdict: Strictly ONLY on the runway.


No comments:

Post a Comment